Thursday 31 December 2015

Spoken Word Poetry - Happy 2016!

It's nearly that time people!

Tonight will be the last night of 2015. A simple tick of a clock, ring of a bell and turn of a page on a calendar, will mean it's 2016, January 1st.

Woohooo!

With the time of year in mind, and because I've been very much enjoying the art form of "spoken word poetry", via YouTube, I thought I'd give it a bash.

My attempt is less of a performance, and more me just speaking aloud some words I wrote. The audio quality is also not the best, as I have aircon on (it is summer here in Melbourne). Also, I was in a rush as I was making (burning) porridge (yes, even though it is summer). Oh, and while I recorded the poem, I also desperately needed to pee (nothing to do with it being summer, or porridge for that matter). Just so you know the context.

I also blame my porridge for my somewhat depressing take on New Year. It's a comfort food, but a miserable one. I know you'll agree.

Other than that, my excuses and so on, I'm sure you will agree my attempt at spoken word poetry is...rot. But I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails