Saturday 2 January 2016

How I Celebrated New Year's Eve 2015

It's the 2nd of January 2016. Weird, huh? All that fuss and madness, like every year, and it's all over, just like that (I'm snapping my fingers, just like the diva I know I am in my heart).

How did you celebrate New Year's Eve? I hope you aren't still hungover (I'm sure some of you probably are).

Well, because you're here, I'd love to tell you how I celebrated, with cheerful friends, expensive champagne and amazing fireworks.

I'd love to tell you that. But it's not the case. That's not how I saw the end of 2015 and the beginning of 2016.

I worked on New Year's Eve. I then went home and had a glass of red wine and some peanut M & Ms, while scanning Facebook and Twitter. Sounds boring to some people, I imagine.

My partner and I hadn't danced the special dance for a few days. With it being New Year's Eve (like birthdays and anniversaries) and factoring in some husbandly duty, we had lovely knee-trembling, love-handle-shaking fun.

Then we went to sleep.

No music, no party, no clubbing...but also no projectile vomiting, or crying people, or strangers trying to grab me to tell me how amazing I am and how much they love me. Ugh! All in all, a pretty nice night.

I don't know about you, but I think New Year's Eve isn't what it used to be. When I was growing up, we either held a house party, or had to go to one. Then, on 1st January, my family went visiting friends and family they hadn't seen the night before, to wish everyone a great new year. It usually ended with my dad in bed by mid-afternoon, drunk. But it was all very social.

Now people do seem to still have parties, but less so. It seems more common to go pubbing and clubbing, for the younger ones at least. Indeed, where I live, there was no music (or fights). The neighbours seemed to all have equally quiet evenings as we did ourselves. Which was quite lovely.

Very civilised.

And now we look forward.

How did you celebrate? How has your year begun? I hope all is well with you and that you have gotten off to a good start, to your 2016 and to your next chapter. Anyone have a 1, 3, 6 and / or 12 month plan? I was considering putting one together for myself. If you have any tips let me know. Thanks.

Anyway, I'm off for a rest as I'm hoping for some sexy time later (come on, it's Saturday!) and I need to save my strength. Another year has passed and I need to pace myself, you know.

Bye.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails